Is it necessary to service your car’s air conditioning system?
It is an important part of your normal vehicle routine maintenance so yes it is necessary and it can be a real advantage in the summer heat. On average, your car’s cooling system will need to be serviced or even re-gassed every one to two years. In general, what is included in a car air conditioning service is an anti-bacterial clean, a gas and lubricant recharge, and a check for leaks carried out by a vacuum test. If your refrigerant is low the air conditioning will blow warmer air. This causes the car’s air conditioning to work twice as hard to try and pump cold air which can also put a strain on your engine and impact your fuel consumption.
Here are some tell-tale signs to look out for when checking your car aircon:
- The air is not as cold as it used to be inside your vehicle
- No air is blowing from the vents
- A foul smell coming from your AC vents
- Unusual banging, rattling, or odd sounds when your aircon is operating
- Wet patches or stains from water on your vehicle’s floorboard under the dash
We recommend should you suspect any issues that you book your vehicle with us for a professional air-conditioning re-gas or service.